After DCSX’s participation in FIHAV (International Fair of Habana) in November last year, (organized by MEO), where we gave a presentation of our services to representatives from the Ministry of Exterior Commerce (MINCEX), we were invited to make a second encounter at Havana past Monday.
Their main interest was to receive trainings about the general concepts of the capital markets and the investment world, since they are not familiar with these.
Therefore, on January 23th, our CEO Rene Romer and our Legal Counsel Diana Intriago, gave a Seminar to the representatives of Cuban institutions in the Salones del Protocolo del Ministerio de Comercio Exterior:
1. Anamary Suárez Quiñonez, Director of Finance and Prices of MINCEX
2. Monica Knights, Specialist of the Department of Finance and Prices of MINCEX
3. AlejandroValdes González. Specialist of the Department of Finance and Prices of MINCEX
4. Johan Carlos Padin Reyes, Specialist, Grupo Empresarial del Comercio Exterior (GECOMEX).
5. José Antonio Perez Roche, Chief of the Foreign Trade Department of the Ministry of Economy and Planning (MEP)
6. Lesvier Varona González, General Department of Treasury of Banco Central de Cuba (BCC)
7. Yisel Tabernilla Moreno, Commercial Specialist of CUBAZUCAR
8. Moraima González Mateo, Finance Director of Empresa Comercializadora de Alimentos (ALIMPORT)
9. Roberto Luis Sánchez Calderón, Analyst of Prices and Market, CUBAMETALES, Combustibles y Lubricantes
We also had the presence of the President of our Board of Directors, Mr. Derk Scheltema; Eduardo Gutierrez-Balmaseda, from AMICORP; and, on behalf of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Havana, Jan Alderliesten (First Secretary) and Rodney Bustamante (Senior Economic Assistant).
This was a great opportunity for all the parties to interchange ideas and expose practical cases, and we hope to continue helping them to reach investment opportunities through the DCSX platform.